Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Face

Split Face

The essential ability to select multiple splitting tools is non existent for example when using a sketch pattern each and every individual of the pattern must have its unique split face feature, although there is a way to get around this, it is time consuming, and this is a basic feature that should be urgent in the next update.

exm.png

6 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor

With patterns you have to pattern feature as in do one hole pattern the rest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes of course, but this is just an example, this case is not applicable for different profiles is the same sketch

Untitled.png 

daniel_lyall
Mentor

That's a better example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes!  It would also be great to be able to select multiple tools when splitting a body with a surface.  I often have multiple surface bodies that I want to cut a body with.  In the Solidworks split feature, I can select as many tools as I want, and it cuts the target body with all of them in a single feature.

Admittedly, Solidworks is frustratingly bad at keeping track of which body is which, whenever anything changes upstream before the split.  It's not a trivial problem for a computer to solve.  I'm betting that this is why you can only split with one tool at a time right now in Fusion 360.

Still, fingers crossed!

Jenus_
Explorer

This is one of the features I miss the most and I really hope they add it very soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please, I hope it comes soon. Every-time I need to split faces more than a few times I have to come up with an idea in order to manage to make one connected sketch (splitting tool) somehow. Or else I have to redo the sketch more than once, which is counterproductive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report