Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed up the forums

Speed up the forums

The forum is so slow, can we enhance this?

7 Comments
cekuhnen
Mentor

very true - the web engine is painfully slow. it is the slowest of all forums I encounter by a lot !!!

It'd be hard to do now but this is a case where developing something in-house would have been far better.

This is actually third party software that I'm pretty sure Autodesk (paid / is paying) a lot for and it's generally a clusterphuck

Look at how badly broken the CSS is 

Capture d’écran 2016-11-02 à 07.27.50.png

It's been months (years?) since I've been able to tell that I gave kudos to something without having to mouseover and see the hover-text ffs

TrippyLighting
Consultant

Yes. Iv'e stopped answering forum posts from my 3 year old iPad because the forum is almost unusable. 

It feels a bit abandoned tbh
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Yes, we are aware of this and are trying to improve the performance and speed of the forums. We've been experiencing some weird issues where we're working on fixing. 

rumpelstielz
Collaborator

totally agree, every action or page load takes at least 10 to 15 seconds. I do love all the features of the Fusion forums but would gladly trade some of them for better speed.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 10.17.30.png

Not sure what's going on on the back-end (and I suspect the forum software is kinda crap to begin with), but if this is running in AWS EC2, it might be worth looking at what instance type you're using.. some have very high latency especially if you're not using dedicated ones

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report