Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smarter hole tools

smarter hole tools

it would be great if the hole tool could:

know where the circle center is when drilling out a pipe

for each pipe I have to do this by hand with 60 pipes a pain to do

second it would be great if like with the fillet could select multiple faces (disks) to perform the hole command onto ONCE.

so much time saved

Capture7.PNG

6 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

@cekuhnen wrote:

second it would be great if like with the fillet could select multiple faces (disks) to perform the hole command onto ONCE.

so much time saved

The odd thing is it actually says References on the dialog then only allows one selection!

Mark

cekuhnen
Mentor

@HughesTooling Yeah this are UI inconsistencies 

fritter63
Collaborator

Could you have patterned that body around the sphere rather than creating each one from scratch?

cekuhnen
Mentor

@fritter63 Yes one could and I did also but this only works when the pipes are in a nice layout so one could use the array. If not it is hand by hand.

haughec
Autodesk

You can add multiple holes using the "From Sketch" option in the Hole command, but they must all reside on a single plane.  Thanks for the suggestion, but we don't have any plans to support holes on multiple planes anytime soon.  I agree with fritter63 that some combination of patterns (including patterning the hole) would be the most efficient way to accomplish what you're after.

Thanks,

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report