Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketches - Color differences need to be more visible

Sketches - Color differences need to be more visible

If I use sketches for later extrusion or any other operation it is very difficult to see what part of the sketch is selected. Especially if you have tiny parts in the sketch.

See attached screencast. If I hover over the sketch part, click on it for selection, click outside for delesection - all colors are very similar just with a subtle difference in brightness.

Currently it is very difficult to catch which part is selected, unselected, hovered, etc. and which not - each status should have a clear color.

Best would be if the user could customize it.

Thanks...
5 Comments
thburn
Collaborator

Hey everyone - come on - only 4 kudos?

This problem is very obvious and annoying - how do you distinguish between the selected / unselected / hovered parts of a sketch in current F360?

SaschaZimmer
Advisor

Hello thburrn,
The problem with the visibility of the sketch was also addressed in the German forum. You get one Kudo from me 😉

Stay tuned and have fun 

Sascha 

HPL_Design
Contributor

Hello,

I have had the same problem. But now I could find out what is to do to change this.

Look at the screenshot. It is in german, but I t hink it will work in  english version as well.

Regards HP

Loesung.PNG

bradyw
Observer

^HPL_Design - The problem is it doesn't let you change colors, orange is very, very hard color to distinguish, especially for older users. I'm young but even still I have a VERY hard time trying to distinguish between light orange and slightly darker orange, they couldn't have just done a orange/green or orange/blue combo like Solidworks or ANY other CAD software?

Scoox
Collaborator

Well, it's 10 Kudos from me. Phew!

The following states are all indicated by a blue line:

• Selected sketch entities
  • Under-constrained sketch entities
  • Hovered sketch entities

This is inadequate even for users with eagle eyes.

The best solution here would probably be to allow users to specify custom colors, and at the same time to provide a default color scheme that's so good most users won't feel the need to tweak it at all.

It vexes me that this feature suggestion was posted over a year ago and it's only got 10 kudos, I mean, where are all the power users?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report