Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Toolbox Hotkeys: custom hotkeys for everybody

Sketch Toolbox Hotkeys: custom hotkeys for everybody

Presently, "S" brings up the Sketch Toolbox- the customizeable tool crib -but that's where the work flow comes to a grinding halt: making a selection requires finding the tool with the pointer, clicking.

Proposal: when the Sketch Toolbox is open, regular hotkeys are deactivated in favor of customized hotkeys assigned to tools user-bound to the Sketch Toolbox.

What this would look like:

type "S"> type any hotkey

Now both hands are free to contribute in tandem- keyboard and mouse - instead of trading back-and-forth between tasks neither is perfectly suited for.

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeezey.

Number of users who want this: 100%.   The number of developers that don't is the mystery.

2 Comments
microdesigns2000
Explorer

Hotkeys on the sketch palette would be so helpful.  Customizable hotkeys would be even better, like in the autocad .pgp file.  It feels like being trapped when sketching without hot keys.

F360 sketch palette.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm voting for this too. I started with Cadkey in 1984, moved to Solidworks in 2003 and am giving Fusion a try. Both Cadkey and Solidworks let you create your own hot keys that can do just about any function available from just about any key.   Custom hot keys are how you go fast in a CAD program. Use of CAD programs really consist of a whole series of simple commands, everybody has their own way of working and you use 10% of the available commands 90% of the time.  If you can get to the ones you use the most by hitting a key in half the time it takes to mouse there, you work twice as fast.  I actually buy white keyboards and use a vibro-engraver to scratch little reminders in the keys so I can remember what hot key does what, and make the most commonly used ones furthest to the left so they are easier to get to.  It's so much faster to work this way it's not funny.  Today is day one with Fusion, so that's the first thing I looked for. Not available? Really? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report