Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch from section analysis

Sketch from section analysis

Sometimes it would be very helpful if I could make a sketch from section analysis.

If the section analysis is enabled, the cross section is selectable as other objects in selection filters.

4 Comments
deyop
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装済み

I am investigating this for mesh line extraction but would be interested in hearing any other applications. 

deyop
Alumni
Status changed to: 実装予定

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

bkgoodman
Enthusiast

I'd like to see a bit more than this. For example - if you could specify multiple "ribs" - and have it generate cross-sectional sketches for each rib - but this could be something as part of the normal, dynamic workflow.

The idea is this:

Say I am building a boat. I'd like to design the hull in 3D - then have Fusion 360 automatically generate the ribs for me. But again, anytime I change the hull, I'd like it to change those ribs. Meanwhile - I may have added manual things to the ribs - like portals, hatches, conduits, etc. Those changes should persist, even if the cross-sectional ribs changes due to changing the hull shape.

In the end - I'd like to export a bunch of (2d) DXFs for rib for manufacturing.

So say for example, you integrated the concept of exporting the sketch from sectional analisys - with the [existing] concpet of a "rib". You could create a "rib" which already was configured to be exported to a sketch (as the rib was modified) - and the rib would modify if/as the sketch was modified. (I don't know if such modifications go two-way now).

Another suggestion covered some "sheet metal" stuff in which the hull itself could be [exported] as a "flattened" 2D tempalte. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report