Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch BUG: not following mouse movements

Sketch BUG: not following mouse movements

I thought I had already posted this, but cannot find it anywhere (sorry if this is indeed a duplicate).

First check this video.

The motion should be smooth and keep following the mouse cursor. I had the button pressed down, but within a short, variable time, Fusion 360 Sketch decides it's enough and won't continue tracking the mouse any more.

Tried with both the Macbook Air's touchpad as well as a Logitech wireless mouse. Same stuff (touchpad sometimes followed the movement even for multiple rounds - but not always).

I'd like to know:

- can others reproduce this bug?

- could Autodesk put it on speedy delivery (i.e. September version)?  

I'd like to use this for presentation later, and therefore smooth behaviour would, well, be appreciated.

Hardware:

Apple Macbook Air Core i7, HD 3000 graphics, 4GB memory

Only Fusion 360 was running while recording this.

Software:

Fusion 360 v.1.8.604, OS X 10.8.4

3 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

lure23
Collaborator

I was about to re-report this today, but found this old one (from myself in 2013) instead.

I'd like to reopen this. The behavior is unchanged in 2019 (Fusion 2.0.6032).

True, there are no comments or other "likes" here, to prove also others suffer from it. But isn't it elementary basic features that people would simply be able to trust that work?

I would have posted this today:

>Sketch mode would be awesome for simple motion analysis. It's the natural environment to do this, since that's where often the dimensions are decided etc.

>

>Unfortunately, Fusion 360 often "loses" the mouse. In this clip, when the dot is blue, the sketch is supposed to follow the mouse movement. As you can see, it doesn't always do so.

>

>Fixing this would make sketching more... deserving its name, as a place where tools and motion ranges can be sketched.

lure23
Collaborator

I'm tilting towards SolidWorks not because of features, but because of foundational lack of quality in Fusion 360.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report