Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single-click middle mouse button for "OK", "done", etc.

Single-click middle mouse button for "OK", "done", etc.

New to F360, mostly find it an amazingly pleasant surprise compared to what I previously used (I-DEAS), but really miss a key functionality.

I-DEAS used a single-click of the middle mouse button to variously mean "OK", "done", "done with selection", etc. which saved a lot of the mousing around otherwise required to complete selections, exit a form, etc.

13 Comments
Noah_Katz
Collaborator

[I don't see how to edit]

This could also reduce clicks by not having to go back into the form to move on to the next step.

For example, when doing a revolve the form opens with the select profile(s) box active when done you have to go back into the form to activate the box for select axis.

It would be nice if you just needed to click the middle mouse button to indicate you're done with profile selection and move to the axis box.

sanguish
Advocate

Many PC mice have additional buttons. My Logitech has two, one I've mapped to esc.

How would clicking the middle button not confuse the pan functionality?

Noah_Katz
Collaborator

Adding to my original suggestion (I'm not a s/w guy so not sure if it's feasible), this would also save mousing around in forms.

For example in the revolve command, after selecting all of the desired profiles, it would take you to the next part of the form to select the revolve axis.

Sanguish,

Esc is not the same as OK; in the example of the revolve form above, after selecting the profiles it would take you out of the form instead of to the revolve axis selection.

Good point on the panning.

So instead of middle mouse button, a hotkey - or is that already possible?

Why not enter / esc ?

Noah_Katz
Collaborator

> Why not enter / esc ?

I tried doing a revolve again; Ent works to end the line sketching command, but after selecting profile to revolve it has no effect.

Sorry @Noah_Katz I meant that as a suggestion for AD not as a work-around for you 🙂

Noah_Katz
Collaborator

No problem, but if you want them to see it you probably ought to make a separate post, and so it can get its own votes

I'm indifferent - was just suggesting an alternative that wouldn't conflict with existing functionality

Noah_Katz
Collaborator

Oh, OK

smallfavor
Collaborator

Welcome to Fusion.  Hope your mouse fingers are in good shape.  There's no application I've yet encountered that demands more mousing and clicking.  

Noah_Katz
Collaborator

What other CAD programs have you used?

I'm not proficient yet so it's hard to tell, but it looks like despite that it's going to handily beat I-DEAS for overall speed because of all of the slick features.

I guess you don't think my suggestion will improve things since you didn't vote for it; what are your thoughts on how to reduce m&c?

smallfavor
Collaborator

Sorry, I forgot to vote.  I'm all for making the process more efficient.  I'm coming from the Rhino application as well as Sketch up and form Z

RHINO's interface is superior to fusion so far in that most everything can be accomplished with a minimum of effort and there's a great deal of user customization facilitated.

Noah_Katz
Collaborator

Thanks for the vote.

I'm not familiar with any of the programs you mentioned.

Do they use similar procedures to build parts and assemblies, and if so do any of their streamlined processes seem transferable to F360?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report