Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation

Simulation

Are there any plans to implement the following features in the Fusion 360 simulation package:
-Autodesk Force Effect
-Autodesk Force Effect Motion
-Newtonian and Non-Newtonian flow, pressure and velosity simulation.

6 Comments

Getting real useful / actionable knowledge from simulation is much harder than it seems. If you don't have a deep understanding of physics and simulations, you're much more likely to just burn CPU cycles generating pretty pictures and movies that don't mean anything or are entirely misleading.

It's great to have FEA and fluid flow simulations, but making them easy to use without making what they mean and where they're applicable easy to understand is arguably worse for most users than not having them at all.

Having said that - statics and rigid body dynamics simulation (Force effect ± motion) would be yuge (and they might be a nice gateway drug to getting people to really understand more sophisticated physics based modelling and simulation)

jcauguste
Explorer
Hi robotics_scott,

First of all, let me congratulate you guys for implementing FEA simulation within a CAD software. I have been wishing and hoping for an affordable, seamless and powerful combination like that for a long, long time.

I agree with your assessment, simulation is harder than it seems. My asking for fluid flow dynamics was a "very long shot”. in my daily workload I design, build extrusion equipment and set manufacturing processing parameter for film and filament extrusion. As such, I have to perform a lot of Stress, Thermal and Fluid dynamics simulation without access to specialized FEA software. I do the analysis the long way, writing codes in Future Basic, MathCad and Excel, with a lot of model simplification. Guess at my surprise when I join Fusion 360.

I believe Force effect ± motion is a natural combination with the stress simulation, I use them simultaneously for the same projects. The only drawback is having to use two platforms the iPad and the Mac thus duplicating some of the work. In any case it’s still better than long hand.

Regards,
Jean-Claude Auguste
pluckman
Community Visitor

Hi Scott, 

Just to follow Jean-Claude question from a year ago. Are we likely to see non-newtonian viscus flow modelling Fusion 360 in the future?

I agree this is a long shot, as I understand that these type of simulations would be way beyond most users. Equally through, I still think there is a need for this application. I work at a university on developing new materials with unusual processing requirements, and being able to link die and screw profile design to processing conditions would be a game changer. It would be particularly useful in teaching having everything in a single software package, although the R&D applications would be more exciting for me.

Kind regards,

Paul

@pluckman @jcauguste sorry but to be clear I'm not on the F350 team (we are just long-time users since it was an Autodesk Labs project)

keqingsong
Community Manager
Thank you for posting your idea! The idea is now 2 years old and does not have many votes, so we are going to archive it. If this is still important to you, please make a new post with the idea included. You can follow the idea submission guidelines here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report