Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show visually where fillets and shells fail

Show visually where fillets and shells fail

Right now, when a fillet / rule fillet / shell fails, a window pops up saying that the fillet could not be done, but there is no feedback exactly where the operation failed.  99% of the fillet could be OK but that 1% is what makes the entire operation fail.

Please highlight where that failure is (I think you already have that red highlighting in the Sculpt environment when a sculpt object self-intersects, for instance).

Here is an egregious example where (of course) the fillet would fail...but many times the failure is on some very small part of and edge that is not easily seen.  I am also confident that there are other operations like this, but fillet / rule fillet / and shell come to mind (maybe Thicken? Chamfer?).

The priority for me, though is the fillets!

fillet.PNG 

3 Comments
nkloski
Collaborator

I would also like to nominate this Idea as "Fastest-growing idea ever".  I have no idea if that is true, but it has gotten a lot of votes in its short little life so far 🙂

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your idea, I want to be clear that there are two ideas here and this is being changed to future consideration for the fillet fail.  We are looking at improving the fillet tool and will explore this idea being a part of the solution.

Regards,

Mike Prom

nkloski
Collaborator

HOORAY!  As of the latest update, this is now implemented!  Thanks, Fusion360 dev team!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report