Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape Generator in Fusion 360

Shape Generator in Fusion 360

Fusion 360 is the next-generation tool for the next generation

I could not agree more. But Fusion also need next generation tools, like Shape Generator from Inventor.

With the flexibility of Fusion and the powerful of Shape Generator, Autodesk could really shine in a recent future 😉

shp_gen.png

Thanks

6 Comments

Seriously awesome if it were there.

Also, geometry optimization is probably the one area where FEA simulations would actually be useful and not misleading to people with little to no expertise with simulations and it'd be a non-wasteful way to use tons of compute time (never mind that it'd generate very cool looking parts).;

TMC.Engineering
Collaborator

It looks like they are working toward that in some fashion. It looks like there will be some fee associated to it and will be cloud based.  

see link

topology optimization 

charegb
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

We are adding a lot of exciting new Sim tech into Fusion by the end of this year. Topological Optimization/Shape Generator is on the list.

If you would like to give us feedback on what we are building, please personal message me and we can follow up.

Thanks,

Bankim

Sweet @charegb really looking forward to that !

and.magro
Advocate

Hi @charegb,

Please see your personal messages, I already answered you about your last post.

Thanks

MikeSmell_ADSK
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

The Shape Optimization study type was added as a tech preview feature for Fusion 360 Ultimate on 11/9/2016. 

Please check out the documentation on how to use this study type. 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-855F7BD1-E34B-4050-AD79-5A98F8F15BBB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report