Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Pivot to Origin with one click

Set Pivot to Origin with one click

Currently it is laborious to set the pivot of a Move command to the origin (e.g. moving things around a spherical surface) -- it takes camera repositioning on a complex design, even hiding bodies just to get a clear click on that origin snap point.

My idea is to add a button next to the existing Set Pivot toggle, called Set to Origin. Huge time saver!

Thanks.

1 Comment
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a real problem. After doing a few hour long drawing, the placement of the 3D object was not anywhere near where I started. All I want to do is set the object down on its side against the graph lines. I can't figure out how to rotate the object easily to place it on whatever plane I want so it sets neatly on the graph lines. I cannot figure out how to set this relationship between the XYZ origin and the model. This should be something that is easily done.

Also, on another matter, moving SKETCH objects should be as easy as highlighting and dragging it to a new location. I select Move, and then I am given all sorts of options, none of which is a simple drag/drop. I know its more complicated than that, but moving and also copying an object in a sketch should be another one of those mainstay effortless options. I am talking only in Sketch mode and before contemplating moving it to 3D. I person should be able to hold down shift, click on a group of objects, move them anywhere on the page, or copy them anywhere almost without thinking about it.

That said, I am not complaining, just hoping to help improve this amazing program. I am amazed at what I can do from start to watching it build on the 3D printer. My hope is some of these basic things can be made smoother. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report