Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection indicator

Selection indicator

After much CAD frustration today I finally grasped that selecting components in the viewport with a mouse drag does not actually select components, rather it selects bodies - due to the default selection filter settings.  Becuase the geometry highlights with the selection, the (novice) user is led to beleive they have selected the components they want and can perform the approrpiate operations, but in fact they can not.

I would suggest something active in the UI to indicate what has been selected, or at least which filters are acting. This would at least give the user a clue that something was acting on their selection.  As it is, I've been using F360 on an off for months and never realized this filter existed or made such a dramtic difference in what I could/couldn't do in my assemblies.  I realize this is probably non-trivial to implement cleanly, but I think something should be attempted.

1 Comment
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes. Ideas with 10+ votes within a month are reviewed by the Product Management team for future consideration. If you feel strongly that this is needed, please resubmit with more detail on why you think this is valuable to Fusion 360 users so that the idea gathers some more support from the community. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report