Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section analysis: manipulator should appear next to section plane, not at origin

Section analysis: manipulator should appear next to section plane, not at origin

In my workflow, I need to inspect cross-sections in great detail.  But the manipulator will often be nowhere to be found!  And when I find it, I'll be zoomed out so much that I can't see my design!  Apparently the manipulator is bound to the origin of the component that contains the original construction plane involved (?).  I suggest that the manipulator appear on the section plane itself.  Or is this just a feature that I have misunderstood?  

Also, perhaps as a bonus, while you're at it, please add a trivial way to flip the normal of the view. (Yes, I know that I can tilt the plane by 180°, but that is somewhat cumbersome.)

3 Comments
haughec
Autodesk

Thank you for the suggestions.  Two clarifying questions:

1) Do you encounter this issue when you select planar faces, or only when you select construction planes?

2) Are you selecting planes from the browser or the model?

When you select either planes or planar faces from the model, the manipulator should be placed close to your pick point.  When selecting from the browser, the manipular placement could use some improvement.  We can look into this.

I also agree with the need for a Flip option.  I've logged FUS-14957.

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: 実装済み

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report