Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roughing strategies.

Roughing strategies.

I'm missing roughing strategies more and more when im doing CAM work with fusion360. The ability to do deep slot plunge milling with a large insert tool that is not center cutting for example.

Would make it possible to remove a heap of material before going in and claening up with a more traditional tool path.

3 Comments

Missing roughing strategies?

From the description you are just missing one strategy, or are there more? 

andreas
Enthusiast

If you add it to the existing dialogs where you have a "roughing" option.(pocket, countour, slot even tracing would benefit from this)
You would get several strategies having a roughing option.

Atm the roughing options just make several passes until its close instead of really hogging out material and then swapping over to a interpolated path. And usually when cutting hard materials you would need to make it multiple depth ontop of that instead of using say 20% of the diameter of the tool from an edge inside or outside just plunging straight down.

I find it when i program that by hand its much faster than adaptive clearing for example. Leaves a really rough end result that can be easily cleaned up with a countouring or tracing operation from there.

andreas
Enthusiast

And im gonna add i using these strategies cuz i run older used machinery and dont have access to new fancy 5 axis stuff. with 10k rpm on spindle. I have a 2k spindle max speed, running an old Siemens 810M GA3 controller with 1 block look ahead. 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report