Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rigid body dynamics

rigid body dynamics

I'm not sure how many people will have a use for this but for us it'd be extremely useful to be able to quickly setup rigid body simulations (including gravity). Even better would be a simple way to script actuators or to connect those and sensors to an external program.

7 Comments
Dunndor
Enthusiast

just learn how to do it in maya and import the stl

Sure.. except .STLs don't contain material or joint information or real physics and not everybody has Maya (and even if they get it, it's a totally different UI/UX and it's focused on making movies and not doing engineering).

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for idea - this is getting archived due to lack of votes.

Well that's depressing.

bryan_mcnatt
Advocate

I'm disappointed/frustrated/angered by the fact that an older idea would get "archived", preventing it from getting more votes now as the software is more fully developed and is being used by a wider audience.

With the addition of Simulation to Fusion 360, it's a great next-step idea to add Rigid Body Dynamics.  I will submit a new idea myself to try to get this rolling again.

Thanks, @bryan_mcnatt. You'll have my vote

There are a lot of things I find annoying about the Ideastation (not least of which is that these things seem completely arbitrary and people treat their votes like they're made of a stable superheavy element )

Rigid body dynamics seem like such a no-brainer, especially compared with most of the stuff in simulation. It's something with immediate connection to reality, and that doesn't require deep knowledge and understanding of simulations to be useful

JRKuyper
Contributor

If we need more support...

Please read http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/rigid-body-solver/idi-p/6550371#comme... Up vote if you agree.  Lets gather support before it gets archived.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report