Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon ustomization

Ribbon ustomization

Hi,

could you let us please customise the ribbon a bit more? I think that the "One row ribbon" is not really great. Almost everyone that is used to use Inventor or different CAD use either key shortcuts or they have customised the ribbon to reach all tools as quick as possible.

In Fusion you have only one row of the tools. In other CADs like Inventor, you can have more. One complain that I hear most at training is that all tools are really hidden and you need to too many steps to get to them. And there is not even a good way to customise keyboard shortcuts. 

Do you see that difference? From one window view? Inventor (on top) and Fusion? How many tools I can see without unrolling some other tools? 

InventorRibbon.PNG

FusionRibbon.png

I know... There is this Toolbox in Fusion. BUT I don't actually think that is THAT useful. Proper availability to customise key shortcuts or ribbon would be actually much more useful. 

So... please 🙂 

Thx and have a nice day in Autodesk.

Matt

2 Comments
Jamshoot66
Participant

IMHO.
One of the most horrible design mistake of this century is ribbon ui. Its only increases mouse click numbers and mouse move time, without any ergonomics improvement.
In fact, i need to use only few buttons on CAD ui (most used features mapped keyboard keys), and i dont need all functionality on my screen. So F360 ui + toolbox is better for me.
Only one bad thing - there is no way to set costum key shortcuts.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thanks for your submission. We have plans around introducing tabbed workspaces/environments instead of providing multiple-row ribbon. Custom shortcut key mapping is something we're investigating. If you feel like things are too hidden, you can use the S key to build out your custom toolboxes. 

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/quick-tip-the-s-key/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report