Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert to Saved option

Revert to Saved option

There are points in the design process I'd like to have saved so that I can go forward and experiment knowing that I can easily returned to a desirable state if things go awry.  

I know this is somewhat a time line issue, but I don't always want to scroll backwards and determine exactly where I need to be.  Using command-z is tiresome as well if one wants to go back more than a couple steps.

Why can't we have an option of saving a particular stage/state of the model that can be returned to with a few clicks.?

3 Comments
Phil.E
Community Manager

This is currently handled by versions you create when you save.

Every time you save you are prompted to provide a description of the version you are creating. If you select the design in the data panel you'll see a list of saved versions and their descriptions. You can promote these to the top, or open them and save them as a new design.

In the near future you'll have access to branching and merging which will provide the ability to branch within a design, rather than rely on versions as described above.

Thanks,

Phil

smallfavor
Collaborator

That's very helpful.  Thanks for the response.

zodiaceng
Advocate

Easiest way for this currently is closing without saving, then reopening. Does exactly what you want if you've already saved at the point you know you like. Not the best method but about as easy as you can get doing exactly that, until the Branch & Merge stuff comes. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report