Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend body

Bend body

Ability to bend bodies in model mode.kgb.JPG

106 Comments
ripperle
Observer

I need that tool, too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interested in the progress of this function as I have a component that I have built and would like to bend it around a tube. Simple bend operations at present would be a hug advantage. Less worried about more complex ones but this appears to have been in the pipeline for quite some time. Any idea on progress to date?  Dropped in a snap shot of what I am trying to bend around tube.

Image 21-09-2016 at 16.27.jpg

yebyps
Enthusiast

Bending, twisting, other kinds of deformation are essential for comprehensive modelling.  Do I really have to export to Inventor or Solidworks  to do this and reimport?

Sylvian42
Participant

Hi,

is there some news about this feature ? Or developpers has stopped support for Fusion 360 ?

promm
Alumni

@Sylvian42,

Bend Body / Emboss / Wrap Text / Conform Rig are four similar ideas that we currently do not have a solution for.  I will argue that if we provide a solution to one of these there is at least a work around for the others.  I am currently exploring with the team what is the best solution to do first.   Once decided the team will put in the backlog to be done sometime next year.  Hope this provides some insight.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Sylvian42
Participant

Oh thanks for answering, but sometime in the next year... outch... idea was submitted 2 years ago... outch again...

yebyps
Enthusiast
Bend Body ! that's the one to start with 🙂
willgibbonsdesign
Contributor

I also would like this. 

GeorgeHorsey
Participant

Please add the ability to bend a part from a line like in inventor. This would be of great help for our robotics team that needs to model aluminum sheet stock and add bends to it.

cekuhnen
Mentor

@GeorgeHorsey do you mean sheet metal bend?

GeorgeHorsey
Participant
Yes. Our robotics team has a certain amount and type of material that we
get to compete with. So having the ability to bend flat stock into a shape
is very helpful.
cekuhnen
Mentor

@GeorgeHorsey linear bend or curved bend? I know that sheet metal is soon in Fusion.

GeorgeHorsey
Participant
Mostly linear bends but some curved depending on the use for the piece of
sheet metal.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly what I need for a model I am working on right now.

JonSchaeffer
Collaborator

I am doing more and more plastic modeling, having the ability to bend twist or even flow like a flag waving in the wind when modeling cloth designs would be great... 

Sylvian42
Participant
+1 please give us a happy new year awesome feature ^^
Aadithya01
Advisor

101171en_img_img_step_1_1256048548.png

For people who know PRO-E, Toroidal bend is a God like option in it. I would definitely want that kind of a feature in Fusion 360. 

Tags (3)
keqingsong
Community Manager

You can do this in the sheet metal preview functionality, follow this thread: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/for-everyone-that-wants-a-wrap-function-in-f...

Aadithya01
Advisor

Hey @keqingsong

Thanks for the reply . But still through sheetmetal the end result will have a splitted face . But the toroidal bend option will merge the starting face and the ending face . A useful option to model tyres where the model will have no splitted face or an edge in the output. 

But what I see from the thread that you have mentioned . Fusion has almost reached toroidal bend which even inventor , Solidworks are not able to do

paul
Advocate

Bending a body is one thing, but then the ability to unfold and create a flat pattern. May not always be required, but would be nice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report