Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Section Views and Exploded Views

Rendering Section Views and Exploded Views

Currently, there is no way to render models with section views or exploded views. It would be very valuable for presentations and design representations to include this feature. The render environment produces very nice results, and to communicate designs more effectively and have them look nice at the same time I would suggest implementing more model viewing options (primarily section and exploded view). 

As an example, if I were showing someone a render of the inside of a product that was contained within some enclosure, I would want a section view of that enclosure so that they could see how the components are laid out within my product. This could technically be done by extrude-cutting the enclosure, but it would be nice to have this feature embedded within the render environment because section views are considered an analysis tool, and representing them as an extrude cut feature isn't really what the extrude cut feature is for.

36 Comments
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Hey @3dprinteraction - Excellent feedback!

Section views in the Rendering workspace are on the near-term roadmap, so you should see that come in the next couple of releases. Rendering of Exploded Views is a part of a bigger project, where we will actually be merging together the Rendering and Animation workspaces which will open up a whole bunch of awesome features, too. We are shooting to have the ready for release by mid-year 2016 - so stay tuned. 

Best,

Timera

Levy.W
Contributor

How is this feature coming along? This is something i would really appreciate and i think would be incredibly valuable.

Futhermore the merging of the animation space with render space would be also quite interesting. Although i hope that the animation environment would be more like motion studies.  At this moment i try to stay far away from the animation environment....

Very user unfriendly compared to every other aspect of fusion that is highly user friendly.

Come on guys you can do it!

hg_rover76
Community Visitor

are the exploded view renders possible now??

JOHNKASPER3114
Participant

... how about now?

I need this feature today otherwise I'll be moving components around in model mode all day.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

...Update? I'd like to see this feature as well.

mperusich
Explorer

Me too. I have wanted this for months. Makes it hard to show internal visuals in an exploded rendered state. This would be a killer feature! Pretty Please with a cherry on top.

johnson2423
Enthusiast

Still NO?  exploded renders is important so that we can create exploded sales material.  Need to be able to create beautiful exploded views.

huszak.marcell
Advocate

Any news? 🙂 It would be awesome

g.wilkens
Advocate

Any updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

any updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 ?

MrSmithtastic
Advocate

Has this been implemented yet? Clearly something that would be great to have!

thomas_engstedt
Participant

Seems this is not implemented yet - and it is definately something that would be extremely useful, both being able to render a section view, but also an exploded view. 

Armanjr_
Explorer

Hello? *Is this thing on?*

mperusich
Explorer
No word yet
-Nick-
Advocate

The first reply to this suggestion, almost 3 years ago to the day, was:

"Section views in the Rendering workspace are on the near-term roadmap, so you should see that come in the next couple of releases".

Is this still on the roadmap ?

kieran.meadows
Observer

Make a U-turn? Hope you guys manage to get this feature working, it would be really effective.

dalekirkwood
Explorer

Is there any way we can do this using the explosion view in the 'Animation' section?

Prototypics
Participant

One more request for this feature to be implemented. Mid-2016 was clearly a little over-enthusiastic.

HugoBus
Participant

I agree, this would be a very helpful capability to add.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report