Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Iteration Cap

Render Iteration Cap

If I have in-canvas rendering turned on, my CPU will always be at 100%. Usually by the 50th iteration everything already looks fine and I don't need more iterations. Sometimes I accidentally forget to turn off in-canvas rendering or I forget to switch back to Model mode and it affects me using other programs or I go do something else while my CPU heats up and stays at 100% for hours. This seems like an easy option to hide in the settings somewhere and it will at least help me feel better about not melting my CPU.

5 Comments
roberto
Enthusiast

I often too use the in canvas renderer and would like to have a stop after a certain amount of iterations, or a specific signal to noise ration.

In the new Render window you can select Local render insteaf of Cloud, and set the render to finish at a specific quality level.

The threshold should definitely be a quality level not number of iterations but otherwise agreed

peterreibel
Contributor

@roambotics_scott Agreed, but the Fusion 360 team needs to revise those quality levels. For us, or rather what I learned from the company I'm with, excellent quality (100%) is still way too noisy for customer presentations or CEO decisions. It Would be nice to have a custom quality level of some sort.

Way with you there @peterreibel

The random ray rendering is great for getting something quick and passable but it seems to take approximately infinite time to converge to something anywhere near publication quality. Throwing darts at a board just isn't an efficient way to achieve good coverage.. maybe a quasi-random approach that covers everything quickly then efficiently fills in in a guaranteed way would be better ?

However it's done, there should be a rendering option that doesn't yield imagines that look like static covered analog TV
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report