Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove or turn off HUD floating boxes

Remove or turn off HUD floating boxes

I would like the HUD boxes either removed entirely, or some checkbox somewhere that either hides or forces them to be docked.  I find many times that they hover on top of other important boxes, and it is confusion.  Proper GUI programming isn't confusion.

Floating HUD boxes.png

7 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

I hate those things too.

C|

jhVWRLB
Enthusiast

... or allow them to be DRAGGED somewhere out of the way when inconveniently located.

jhVWRLB
Enthusiast

More... It took a while to realize these things can be dragged.  Look VERY carefully at the image and you might notice a faint vertical bar on the left side of the box.  Most of these boxes can be dragged if you spend a minute or two trying to hit it in the right spot.  If this drag indicator was more visible [ and a tiny bit bigger ], the problem should disappear.

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

friesendrywall,

yes, the current experience is definitely sub-optimal.  We are currently looking at structural changes to our command framework that will address these bad behaviors between dialog vs. in-canvas interactions and focus.

in the meantime, we think fixing the "grips", making them more discoverable and easier to grab will help alleviate some of the undesirable behaviors.

hope this helps

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

should have initially been accepted, not future consideration.

jhVWRLB
Enthusiast

Possibly change the subject of this thread to "GRIPES about GRIPS"... <grin>

jcstephens1
Advocate
Agreed. Just let me turn them off please. I will
work in the standard dialogue box.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report