23 Kudos

Remove or turn off HUD floating boxes

by Advocate friesendrywall a month ago |

I would like the HUD boxes either removed entirely, or some checkbox somewhere that either hides or forces them to be docked.  I find many times that they hover on top of other important boxes, and it is confusion.  Proper GUI programming isn't confusion.

Floating HUD boxes.png

should have initially been accepted, not future consideration.

Comments
By: Advisor kb9ydn
a month ago |

I hate those things too.

C|

By: Contributor jhVWRLB
a month ago |

... or allow them to be DRAGGED somewhere out of the way when inconveniently located.

a month ago |

More... It took a while to realize these things can be dragged.  Look VERY carefully at the image and you might notice a faint vertical bar on the left side of the box.  Most of these boxes can be dragged if you spend a minute or two trying to hit it in the right spot.  If this drag indicator was more visible [ and a tiny bit bigger ], the problem should disappear.

By: Employee
a month ago |
Status changed to: Future Consideration

friesendrywall,

yes, the current experience is definitely sub-optimal.  We are currently looking at structural changes to our command framework that will address these bad behaviors between dialog vs. in-canvas interactions and focus.

in the meantime, we think fixing the "grips", making them more discoverable and easier to grab will help alleviate some of the undesirable behaviors.

hope this helps

By: Employee
| Posted a month ago - last edited a month ago |
Status changed to: Accepted

should have initially been accepted, not future consideration.

a month ago |

Possibly change the subject of this thread to "GRIPES about GRIPS"... <grin>

By: Contributor jcstephens1
Friday |
Agreed. Just let me turn them off please. I will
work in the standard dialogue box.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean