Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recode mesh to b-rep

recode mesh to b-rep

could the mesh to brep function be recoded to bark the mesh to cubes and convert then join the bodies and simplify ? ok the simplify part might be a mess for that is a long shot . 

thank you 

5 Comments
TrippyLighting
Consultant

A. What kind of mesh are you talking about. Not all meshes are created equaly.

B. what makes you believe that turning a mesh into cubes is not a long shot as well ?

tony978
Advocate

lady iso.jpg 

A: stop thinking in the box 

B:well that relief model worked 

C: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-and-documentation/working-with-your-mesh-models-without-decreas...

have nice day 

TrippyLighting
Consultant

I competely misunderstood what you meant with "to bark the mesh to cubes" 😉

Actually, I believe even breaking the mesh into cubes would still be a workaround. A lot of the mesh related topics ould be more easily to resolve if Fusion 360 had more mesh modeling tools rather than just T-Splines and Solid Body (BREP).

Meshes like your's I'd pre-treat in Blender and then go into Fusion.

tony978
Advocate

I will say that model pushes the limit of fusion on a intel i7 3770 with 16 gb of ram at times . I love t-splines ... this direction was found becuase of  the need to mill a mesh file with fusion . 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for your idea! We are working on improving how Fusion 360 handles mesh data as well as what you can do with them within Fusion 360 for future releases. Stay tuned. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report