Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-organize Sketch List Newest to Oldest instead of Oldest to Newest.

Re-organize Sketch List Newest to Oldest instead of Oldest to Newest.

Hello guys,

First of all I would like to thank everyone at Autodesk for making this awesome program that is super simple and fun to use.

One thing that I would like to see done is the ability to reorder the sketch list.  Make it so that the newer Sketches are on top of the list and the older Sketches are on the bottom of the list.  There could possibly be and option like a small drop down arrow that you can click on to have either Old-New or New-Old.

The reason, I think this would be a great idea is that, honestly as my designs get more complicated the list of Sketches starts to get really high I'm talking about maybe 90-100 sketche to a design that is very complex. It is kind of frustrating everytime you need to go back to a recently done sketch you have to open up that list and scroll all the way down, find which sketch you want and then close it back up to unclutter the workspace some. You end up doing these steps quite alot. Therefore if the Sketch order could be reversed where your newest sketch would be up top then you can just open your drop down sketch and there it is.  The older sketches are not as important anyways b/c they already have been done and you are most likely satisfied with what you made already.

I think this make it even easier to work on designs as you dont have to go searching for your sketch all the way down the long list.  Your latest sketches would be right up top when you click on the drop down sketch menu.

6 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

I think your idea makes some sense but I think you might need to learn about the use of components to organize your designs. See this link. Rather than make all your bodies in the top node make a component for each part, activate the component and make all the sketches for that part within that component, done this way you will find handling the timeline is easier as well. You really should not end up with that many sketches in one component.

Mark

HughesTooling
Consultant

Here's an example, it doesn't have that many components but you can see the main component has no sketches at all.

Capture.PNG

Mark

This multi-component thing helps a bit but it doesn't feel natural or work well with my workflow and really does nothing to fix the problem of sketch proliferation, it just kicks the can down a bit.

Scalerdave
Explorer

I believe that the multi componet works but that is when you have a drawing in front of you of each part and you are basically taking that drawing and making it into a 3D model by making each part and making it to the drawing specifications. But If you are creating for example a car model It is possible to make it out of separate componets but then in a sense your model is not solid. Its also pretty hard to model 2 pieces and make them merge perfectly when its something complex.

I've been able to make some pretty complex models just using the model work space and sketches with no componets as there is no drawings to go from just imagination and skill.

rig2.JPG

keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report