Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick naming of objects in model tree

Quick naming of objects in model tree

While renaming several sketches/bodies/components in the model tree, it would be a lot quicker if you could hit the "tab" button on the keyboard while editing a name, to jump to the next object in the tree. This would save a lot of going back and forth between keyboard and mouse

Current process: click name of object, rename, hit enter, fetch mouse and click on next item in line

Suggested process: click name of object, rename, hit tab, rename

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 00.05.03.png

3 Comments
ARTHUR-HM
Collaborator

100% agree. Especially in the CAM section for operations. I re-name the operations on every part we make. Mainly because the tool library is such a nightmare when you have a ton of operations. Using tab to skip to the next operation would speed this process up immensely.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

bejoscha
Advocate

I also would suggest something similar to what (windows) explorere is doing: Multi-select and "rename" (right-click) takes the entered name and auto-enumerates the entries with the name as "base" string. i.e. select 5 things. Enter "Name" and get "Name_1" "Name_2" "Name_3" "Name_4" "Name_5" automatically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report