Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Name Dimensions

Quick Name Dimensions

In Autodesk Inventor, you can quickly name a dimension for parametric modeling by entering "totalWidth = 15in" into the Sketch Dimension toolbox in place of just "15in" - this doesn't work in Fusion. The only way I have found to do this in Fusion is open up the Parameters dialog and manually edit the spreadsheet, which becomes time consuming and tedious!

Attached is a photo of how this feature works in Inventor.

4 Comments
cole.smithU95GB
Participant

In Autodesk Inventor, you can quickly name a dimension for parametric modeling by entering "totalWidth = 15in" into the Sketch Dimension toolbox in place of just "15in" - this doesn't work in Fusion. The only way I have found to do this in Fusion is open up the Parameters dialog and manually edit the spreadsheet, which becomes time consuming and tedious!

Attached is a photo of how this feature works in Inventor.

Beyondforce
Advisor

I do  miss that option as well!

Cheers / Ben
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Check out my YouTube channel: Fusion 360: Newbies+

TKassisMIT
Observer

I recently moved from Inventor to Fusion 360 and was surprised this option wasn't available. Using parameters is so much harder in Fusion compared to Inventor. Being able to easily parametrize models is a crucial design feature.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is important for us but we have some more critical sketching projects such as getting fully constrained sketches out of preview, improvements on sketch solver and performance, CV splines, as well as number of other things in sketch you current just can't do. Hopefully we can get to through our list quickly and get to this soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report