Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Changes from Assemblies to Linked Parts

Push Changes from Assemblies to Linked Parts

Now that you can link files into an assembly it would be nice if you could push changes back to original file.

8 Comments
QuinnCampbell
Advocate

Do you mean edit the linked file while its in your assembly and have the changes occur in the orginal component document?

nick.prsha
Enthusiast

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean.

O.Tan
Advisor

This feature is coming, but I guess because it also links to design branching, there's still some foundation that needs to be layed down properly before they can enable it. 

O.Tan
Advisor

This is what I'm referring to, can't wait for it to arrive!

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-differently/branching-and-merging-in-fusion-360/ba-p/5642331

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Thank you for your idea - this is getting accepted, however it is a part of a big project.  In place edit is part of a group of distributed design projects that we are working on to get done next year.  Expect to see a solution late 2016.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

CGPM
Collaborator

I first heard about this being at least thought of early in 2014.  For me it is sorely needed!  Since I machine everything I design putting 20 parts in one file DOES NOT WORK.

amUQFEV
Contributor

Any updates on this feature? It would be greatly anticipated when working with master assemblies and maintaining complex designs. I thought that this was what would happen with the update with derrived designs, but it only works one way... It would be lovely to keep assciated drawings and toolpaths contained within the components while still being able to update parts with mating components as reference. Now it is possible to work around but it is very, very convoluted!

O.Tan
Advisor

Late 2018 and still cannot edit derived components in context and export assemblies with referenced design. Come on!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report