Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publicly Accessible Bug/Issue Tracking for Fusion 360

Publicly Accessible Bug/Issue Tracking for Fusion 360

Submitting bugs through the forum seems a bit limited. Its hard to know where exactly one should submit a bug in the forum.

It would be really great if customers could submit bug reports through a dedicated web-based, customer visible bug tracking tool that shows submitted bugs, accepted bugs, bug priority, current status of a bug, etc. Additionally, the bug tracking tool would allow you to attach screenshots or other files to aid in debugging.

I think this would help streamline how customers give feedback on usability issues and allow for a way to submit a bug report when Fusion 360 doesn't give you the opportunity after a crash or annomally. I think this would go a long way in helping with the development of Fusion 360 and keeping customers in the loop on issue resolution.

6 Comments
burnandreturn
Advocate

The main reason I see this as a good idea is it would give a list of known bugs.  Then if a user was experiencing problems they could check the list to see if what they are experiencing is user error or a known bug.   It would save a lot of time for forum members and the user.

Yes to the 10^10^24th

ntipete
Contributor

After digging a little deeper, I believe the Fusion 360 developer team is using Jira - a project management and issue tracking tool. Perhaps Jira can be made available to all for bug submission and for reviewing existing bugs.

lukepighetti
Advisor

Yes, I should be able to record a video and send my *.f3d file to Autodesk directly with a quick explination and maybe a tag.

It'd be so awesome to have this integrated into something that (a) associates a user's hangs and crashes and (b) includes enough information to allow the QA team to reproduce crashes and other bugs without requiring the users to export a .f3d or find a reliable proceedure for triggering those crashes or hangs.

Make it as streamlined and automatic as possible, and show the users that there is progress, and you'll win a bit of good will.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report