Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

properly drafted fillets

properly drafted fillets

This is a fun surprise for when you're making molded plastic parts.

If you have two drafted faces that come together at a corner then you make a fillet there, the draft angle on the fillet isn't the same as the draft on the faces. 

Capture d’écran 2015-10-28 à 13.34.24.png

This can end badly if you're unlucky.

4 Comments
CarlM89
Advocate

This is normal behavior. To match the drafts, the fillet needs to have a variable radius. The easiest way to achieve this is to place the fillet in the sketch and extrude with draft. That way the fillet will grow or shrink to match the draft angle. I design vacuum formed plastic packaging and have to deal with drafts on a regular basis. A "match draft" checkbox in the fillet dialogue would be awesome. The fillet radius parameter would have to define one end of the fillet only. We would also need to be able to select which end of the fillet is defined.

That's definitely fair. 

What works for me as the default for the diameters is what happens if I first fillet then draft.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for your idea, this is getting archived due to lack of votes.  Our focus right now is not on plastic part features, when it is we will look into complete workflows.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Makes sense, Mike. Why would anyone want to manufacture something they built in CAD ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report