Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Folders

Project Folders

I'd love to have the ability to place projects into folders.  On the "PROJECTS" page, all I see is "New Project."  I know there's a folder option if I go into a project, but I'd like to have folders that contain projects.  Is that possible? Is this already a feature that exists and I'm just missing it?

7 Comments
ovisopa
Collaborator

This thing was also weird for me, the word "project" in my opinion describes a part, a drawing .. let's say I need to make an arduino case, or an LCD case, or a GoPro gimbal .. those things are each a different project, but why folders are inside a project, and not the opposite way , projects inside a folder, I don't understand, I don't understand the logic behind naming "projects" the root element. 

I work with few clients, each client sends me DXF files I need to mill, some daily, others weekly, it was very simple for me as I use a network drive to store the files (easily accessing files from the mill PC or office PC), so each client has a FOLDER , inside that folders I have the PROJECTS, this seems to me quite straight forward , it's not confusion as all projects I made for Client 1 are found in that folder, all projects made for Client 2 are in Client 2 folder. 

So to be able to keep my structure as I'm used to , I made multiple PROJECTS (weird 🙂 ), each one named "Client 1", "Client 2" ... inside those "PROJECTS" I placed the files for actual projects ...

projects tree.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could vote for this a million times. It's crazy to me that all my projects are floating around together and that I can't categorize them in folders. I would love to have a "Client 1" folder, or a "Widgets" folder to ease the confusion every time I look at my Data Panel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a mandatory feature for anyone who is a production or even frequent user!

One solution I can think of, would be to prefix your projects with customer names/numbers, class names/numbers, etc., then you can search by those prefixes to filter your projects (there is a search field in the upper right corner).  I don't like this much as I work with many customers and data security is critical, even down to the names of other customers.  Not to mention unwieldy project names... we are all used to the good old folder structure paradigm. 🙂 

jmyrick529QU
Contributor

Absolutely needed. When you have hundreds of items you sell, being able to put groups of projects into folders would be a big help.

sgoelzerI2E
Contributor

PLEASE 

I need project folders for using Fusion360 in the classroom. When 16 students all share multiple projects with me, my project page is a mess. 

edward_triplett
Participant

I also need this addition of categorized projects that you can minimize. I have the exact same issue as the previous poster. My students are sharing projects with me, which is making everything unmanageable.

unparser
Explorer

How is this not already a feature? Did no one at Autodesk ever create more than a few projects? Even as a hobbyist my list is already getting unweildy!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report