Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent duplication of projected geometry

Prevent duplication of projected geometry

Often, I find I am creating duplicate geometry accidentally with sequential clicks on an object when projecting geometry. This unfortunate event often results in multiple instances of the planned line in the sketch. It would be best I believe to have it prevent a projected geometry edge from being projected into the sketch multiple times. 

3 Comments

This is a huge PITA and needs to be fixed

drew
Advocate

Agreed - a much needed change!

My current method for controlling what I project is a convoluted process in which I have to un-visible everything else except what I want projected and the sketch I am creating.

Even then, if the things I need projected are edges of a 3D shape, I never know if I have selected the "far" line or the "near" line or both lines.

And if the Devs don't want to limit users to one projected line, PLEASE provide a way to know

1) HOW MANY overlapping lines have been projected where only one is discernible to the eye, and

2) WHERE these come from.

Related:

The drop-down list of selectable geometry/curves/points for pretty much any feature needs to have each item indicate WHERE it is.

EG - five lines that all are collinear from the current sketch's point of view (but may not actually BE collinear).

The pulldown just has five entries of "Line".

How the heck can you tell the difference between the line in the other sketch called Sketch1 or the line in the other sketch called Sketch2 or the line from the body that was extruded from Sketch1 or the line from body that was extruded from Sketch2 or the line that is in yet some other part of the design?

You can't.

Will post an independent Request for this.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report