Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point-to-Point move with one or more axis locked

Point-to-Point move with one or more axis locked

This adds 3 checkboxes under the "point-to-point" as []X []y []z.  They're all selected by default (which is the familiar use), but you can deselect any so that when you click "OK" the deselected axis remains unchanged.  

This would be especially powerful if additionally a button labeled "coordinate" would allow you to select a plane, or 2 orthogonal axes to redefine the coordinate system used when locking one or more of the axes.  Understandably that will probably require another feature request so I'll be happy if just the first paragraph above was implemented.

3 Comments
jlauer
Participant

I agree. I need to move my dispenser up a smidgen on Z, but don't want to lose the centering of the needle point. There does not seem to be a way to get the base of it level with the platform it sits on without me figuring out the offset (which is many decimals) and then entering a number move, which never gets me to a 0 accuracy. Number one frustration is not being able to do a point to point move on one axis. I mostly end up moving the whole component and then re-positioning through lots of gyrations.

point to point move.png

keqingsong
Community Manager
Thank you for posting your idea! The idea is now 2 years old and does not have many votes, so we are going to archive it. If this is still important to you, please make a new post with the idea included. You can follow the idea submission guidelines here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report