Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, please, please fix duplicated features in .dxf export

Please, please, please fix duplicated features in .dxf export

A lot of places like .dxf or .pdf for laser and waterjet cutting.

It's great to be able to open a sketch and export to .dxf for that, but invariably they tell me that the curves are duplicated - and if I open in Illustrator, every single curve seems to be traced twice.

On any design with the slightest bit of complexity, it's a huge PITA to manually go through and clean those up.

It'd be extremely useful to fix that

8 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Are you using sketch on face then using project? This will always produce double lines because when you start a sketch on a face all the edges are automatically projected, if you then pick the face with project you get double lines. Try starting with an offset construction plane and project to that.

Mark

Doh confirmed @HughesTooling.

AD - it'd be nice to be able to delete bad ideas 🙂

HughesTooling
Consultant

If you click the Idea Options and select report you could ask for the idea to be moved to the design form. It might be of help to someone else.

Mark

Ron4
Observer

I am having the same issue.  I found that if I select a face, click create sketch and export, i get a clean dxf with a curve. However, if I "project" a body, I get a poly-line for the curve. Since I can only select one face to created the sketch, i am forced to either create a sketch for every body, or project the other bodies. If you select a face AND project, you will end up with duplicate features. If I select one body then project a different one, I get one path that uses the arc and the other path that uses a poly-line. It would be handy to be able to select multiple faces that are on the same plane when creating a new sketch.

-Ron

HughesTooling
Consultant

@Ron4 Rod The problem you describe was reported a while ago, one of those improvements that's good for some and useless for others. The only quick free workaround I can suggest is download QCad and explode the polylines.

Mark

Good for some → anyone who projects geometry and exports it

Useless for others → fixing it doesn't hurt them and has zero downside

I get that triage is necessary but this should still absolutely be fixed
keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report