Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add a sketch panel to the ribbon in Fusion 360

Please add a sketch panel to the ribbon in Fusion 360

Following the visible user interface in the sketch environment, it currently takes 3 clicks just to launch the rectangle command. That's insane. It take 4... 4!! clicks to do it from the context menu. Then 3 if you use the radial menu.

I would assume you guys are working on having a context sensitive ribbon at some point? I couldn't see an idea about this already, I would be surprised if there isn't one, but the search didn't turn up anything for various search terms.

2015-05-18_9-32-42.png

15 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

We are consiering adding a contextual sketch pane that opens when you create a sketch.

I can get to the sketch rectangle in one click with the gesture:

Do you use the gestures?

scottmoyse
Mentor

Show off Smiley Tongue

I didn't know you could do those two swipe gestures. 

I use some gestures in Inventor. They are sweet once you know them, so for experienced users they are probably fine, but learning to use all of them will take some time. They aren't the best thing to teach beginners with either.

scottmoyse
Mentor

One other point about the sketch pane... having the constraints dialog on screen is handy, so I thought that having another dialog would start chewing away at screen real estate. Hence the suggestion to keep it on the ribbon as a contextual pane.

My main complaint about gestures is that they're not very discoverable.. perhaps showing people a subtle graphical hint when they do something (you could have done this) would help ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never learned the gestures beacuse I wasnt sure if they are here to stay. A simple fix is to add the frequently used commands to the ribbon, just hover to the right of the command in the menu to see the "add to toolbar" option.

Untitled.jpg

scottmoyse
Mentor

@Anonymous thanks for the tip.. it will help a bit in the meantime. But those commands end up staying there all the time.

DS_P
Enthusiast

Yes please do this and auto dock the constaints to the right side of the screen, between this and the lack of keyboard shortcuts (l for line, c for circle etc) I find sketching to be really slow vs other systems. 

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your idea - this is getting moved to furture consideration.  We are exploring ideas and workflow with our UX team.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

scottmoyse
Mentor

Thanks

Hi @scottmoyse,

Would you say the sketch palette addresses some of your concerns?

community sketch palette.png

We are also starting development on a tabbed toolbar approach which will allow you to have groups of toolsets. 

tabbed toolbar.png

Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

scottmoyse
Mentor

@maritza.garcia the tabbed toolbar looks spot on to me. No the sketch pallet doesn't really help for this idea. I do use it though.... Although 50/50 with the context menu for constraints.

The_Test
Advocate

Tabbed toolbar looks good, if there is something I hate about fusion is the cloud and the UI, but the Tabbed toolbar definitely looks good. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report