Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plane along path

plane along path

"Plane Along Path" is great, but in addition to dragging out a distance, it would be nice to be able to anchor it to a point along that path as well. 

7 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

This is not only needed in Plane along path, it's needed in offset and for pattern along path as well.

Mark

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to future consideration.  We have plans to improve plan along a path to have it be set to a specific distance instead of percentage and parametrically snap to a point.  When work gets started this idea will be changed to future consideration.

Regards,

Mike Prom

Anonymous
Not applicable

The option to create a plane normal to a path at a given point on the path is missing

Tags (1)
PaulMunford
Autodesk
Have you tried 'Normal to curve at point'?
PaulMunford
Autodesk

My Bad, I answered this post from my mobile, and it's hard to notice that this is the Fusion forum, not the Inventor forum 😕

The closest we have in Fusion is 'Plane along path'.

matt.soule
Enthusiast

Would be great if it was a parameter as well if it is not already part of the plan.

matt.soule
Enthusiast

And the ability to pick an individual curve rather than the whole chain would be useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report