Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

place hole using x,y coordinates.

place hole using x,y coordinates.

It would be very helpful if we could place holes and points using x,y coordinates.

7 Comments
daniel_lyall
Mentor

If you are useing the hole tool you can straight after you places the hole. I will have to show you how to do it.

Points no 

Aadithya01
Advisor

This is not possible even in Inventor. 

Previously when I used to work with Pro-E I used to use X , Y coordinates . and define holes which was very convienient . Glad that you have brought this to concern. Have my kudo 

daniel_lyall
Mentor

@Aadithya01 you can diamention a hole in just after you place it, It's a solid tool.

hole tool diamention.png 

Most of the solid tools have a way to add diamention, or will have.

Aadithya01
Advisor

Hey @daniel_lyall

http://www.mechanical360.net/creo/how-to-use-table-pattern-feature-in-creo-elements-pro/

Please see the above link . TABLE option in CREO. 

Also it is time consuming for me to define each and every hole a reference edge. Rather than that I can start defining the X and Y coordinates from a reference point in a table .

THis is a just a suggestion for our side to bring this option. Smiley Happy 

daniel_lyall
Mentor

@Aadithya01 other 2D programs I have use X and Y positioning as well one of them is a ADSK program, it's one of those hard ones, If we could just have it for points That would be very good points can be used with more than the hole tool, and would give what's needed for the hole tool, I vote for it I would like it for points.

A script probably could be done for points as well.

I only miss being able to slap points in where you wont them, being able to just diamention stuff in I find is just faster other than slapping lots of holes in.

@autocad It's still a very good idea if we only get the points that would cover both sinces you can pick points for the hole tool

Aadithya01
Advisor

@daniel_lyall What you have mentioned is also a fantastic idea . Hope this kind of tools comes in the Future updates 

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report