Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Flaring Ability

Pipe Flaring Ability

The pipe feature is excellent, but in trying to design an exhaust system I found a major limitation. There is no ability to 'flare' the pipe diameter in certain areas. If the program was able to create a sculpt-able web of points on the pipe, which could then be manipulated in 3D space allowing for flaring of the pipe in certain areas. In designing two stroke exhausts this would be unbelievably helpful! See this video for the type of design work that otherwise has to be done (the video is on solidworks since that's the only example I could find)

[video]

2 Comments
Aadithya01
Advisor

Hey @bob24H5D 

Why dont you try the pipe feature in the Freeform modelling SCULPT interface of Fusion 360 . I definitely think that will give you better manipulation of the model 

HughesTooling
Consultant

You could use loft. Create a spline for the centre line then use plane along path and create cross sections. After creating the loft turn the sketches back on, then enable show dimensions and you can edit the cross sections with the loft visible.

Here's a quick mockup.

Clipboard01.png

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report