Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe command among many edges at once - NOT one by one

Pipe command among many edges at once - NOT one by one

I need to do a lot of pipe work and it would be wonderful if Fusion finally would be able in 2016 to add pipes to many sketch edges at once with one command.

for this type of work the current workflow is painfully slow and expensive time wise.

Capture8.PNG

4 Comments
niels.denekamp
Participant

Whereas in Sculpt, it is actually possible to select multiple paths. 

Definitely would be very useful to allow it in the Model space too!

niels.denekamp
Participant

Just thinking of your particular case here Cekuhnen , and the following certainly doesn't negate the need for this multiple selection feature, but may give your a work-around for now

I can't quite tell from this view of your model, but maybe its possible in your particular case to draw one path for each of the 'layers' of pipes on the XY plane, and do circular arrays with at varying counts. That way you can add features before the array on just a few bodies, and quickly have them arrayed to all the other instances.

If not, at least would set up a diameter user parameter when creating all the pipes individually, so you can later go in and change it.

But again, it would really help if multiple select could be integrated in as many of the modeling features as possible, saves so much time in the long run..!

Cheers,

Niels

cekuhnen
Mentor

@niels.denekamp I settled for using the array type and array hole approach anyway because my design allowed it.

but in case it does not yiu are stuck in pipe after pipe after pipe after click click click ...

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for your idea, this is getting changed to archived due to the nature of the request.  It may make sense for this to work in one sketch that is complainer, but there are restrictions that prevent us from using multiple non plainer sketches.

Regards,

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report