Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent Measure tool

Persistent Measure tool

Hey rock stars! 

So I'm working in a sketch where I have 2 Tangent Constrained arcs tied to a single circle. I would like to adjust the distance between these two arcs and ideally use the Measure tool to help nudge them into place.  Rather than take, then a note of it, then click close on the measurement dialogue box, the ability then manipulate my Tangent Constrained arcs and watch the mesurement value adjust acordingly would serve the "Aided Deisgn" in CAD far better. 

I'll make a quick vid if that would help illustrate the concept.

Rock on!

4 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

Is there some reason you can't just dimension what you're trying to do directly instead of using the measure tool?  Some sort of visual example would definitely help here.

C|

Richard.EST
Explorer

I'm pretty sure I don't understand the issue, but if I do, couldn't you just add a driven dimension to the measurement you are looking to observe, and then change the driving dimension to suit, rather than using the measure tool?  Or add a driving dimension to your inspection dimension, then make it driven after setting it to the starting value you desire and then dimension the true driving dimension?

keqingsong
Community Manager
Hey there! Thanks so much for submitting your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get a lot of votes from the community, and now is 2 years old. We're changing its status to archived. If you still feel strongly about this idea, you can resubmit it. Check out some idea submission best practices here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report