Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch Trim/Split with delete face option for Time Line

Patch Trim/Split with delete face option for Time Line

The Split command in time line allows me to split Breps and later I can select the results and delete them.

But it would be nice to simply like in Rhino/Alias have a trim command which simply allows me to have

an option to tell Fusion what to keep and what to discard as well.

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 2.24.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-06-08 at 2.23.55 PM.png

This would slim down my time line.

For this simple shell I have already more feature entries than needed in Fusion compared to Rhino.

As you can see I just select the surfaces and tell Rhino to make a solid - which is a combination of trim and join all at once.

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 2.36.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 2.37.10 PM.png

Of course it is great to have just a plain trim/split command as well but like in this situation it is not ideal in its current form.

This is a basic model and with more steps the timeline will get longer unnessesary.

Maybe like Rhino Fusion should get a make solid command as well.

3 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: 実装済み

schneik-adsk
Community Manager

We are creating a timeline version of boundary fill that can do the same as the Rhino "Make Solid" and more.

This request is about trim but, as you point out the better answer is to be able to create solids without wasting time trimming.

Look for the boundary fill timeline support by the ned of the month.  You can experiment with boundary fill is direct models today if you want to see how it works.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Advanced Modeling

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report