Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts list to include nested components (subcomponents)

Parts list to include nested components (subcomponents)

Precisely that. I often nest components to simplify and keep the Browser "short" and facilitate other tasks like making patterns (e.g. nesting joint components within the section on which they will be inserted). The problem is that when I create a parts list in the drawing, I only see the parent components.

When the file contains nested components, the user should be allowed to:

1.- Include the nested components in the parts list

2.- Select which parent components are to be expanded for inclussion their nested components in the list

Maybe a nut/bolt set needs not be separated into two but a section with several of these needs to be expanded to account for all nut/bolt sets you will have to buy.

incomplete.jpgcomplete.jpg

7 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

This is on our 2D drawings roadmap and is slated for sometime mid-year. 

brownst
Autodesk

BOM is a pretty heavy topic and this submittal is a good start.  As a target I've found that the Inventor BOM export from the model is probably the gold standard for CAD.  Select Properties, Flat vs. Nested, Hierarchal numbering, all this without the unnecessary burden of creating a drawing first.

david.hoskins
Community Visitor

I'm quite surprised that 'nested' BoM's haven't been included earlier. It would be a very useful feature for complex designs with multiple assembly sub-levels.

-Nick-
Advocate

We currently produce BOM's three levels deep by hand in a spreadsheet.  Keeping everything up to date is a nightmare and the ability to produce a coherent, nested BOM directly from Fusion for us would be a huge improvement.

n8bot
Advocate

Any update on this feature? I find myself wanting it very much at this moment, to keep my master assembly browser clean, and my drawings complete and uncluttered.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

n8bot
Advocate

Sweeet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report