Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbit a part

Orbit a part

My idea is simple. Instead of stopping what we are doing to click a button to orbit a part. Then choose what type of orbit we desire. Simply right click and drag any direction on the work space to cause the body or component to orbit. It is the same way it is done with Autodesk 123D Design.

It is a smoother and more fluid workflow to move the part around. Instead of stopping to click a button. Then choosing which way to orbit the part.

4 Comments
3dprinteraction
Contributor

Isn't this feature already implemented? You can orbit by holding down the scroll wheel on your mouse and dragging any way you want. It may depend on what mouse setup you have for your rotations, but there is a shortcut for it.

Canonfoder254
Explorer

I use the mouse wheel all the time for orbiting.  Hold it down to pan and hold shift + wheel for orbit.  Doesn't interfere with any activities that I have yet done.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Thank you for posting your idea! The idea is now 2 years old and does not have many votes, so we are going to archive it. If this is still important to you, please make a new post with the idea included. You can follow the idea submission guidelines here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681#M44
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report