Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optional hatch removal in section analysis

Optional hatch removal in section analysis

Fusion 360 version from March 2016 had no hatch in the section analysis - see below

402491 v7.png

402491 v7 with hatch.png

The same part above since ~9/2016 : always with hatching .

Since there is no way to turn this off - I propose a new preferences option to turn this off. While hatch is useful ion 2D, I think this isn't really necessary in 3D. For me the color scheme is enough to clearly see that this is a section analysis.

Thanks - Stephan

4 Comments
matt
Advocate

Agreed!  The hatching is ridiculously distracting, especially on a detailed section.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This could be an option. Adding to the backlog. Release date TBD.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I build on this, or should I make a separate idea request?

What I would also really, really, like is the ability to change the color of the section cut face. I'm sure the randomized pastel color scheme is fine for some people (especially if all your designs are all rainbows and unicorns), but for me, I often like to make "professional" looking presentations of designs, so pink and purple section views can sometimes be a little off-putting. Plus, since it's random, different design variations vary in section colors from file to file, which makes it impossible to create consistency from one image to the next that I'm presenting.

Sooo...what I think would be a easy and useful solution is to simply have a checkbox option somewhere that allows you to just use the same body appearance color for the section cut face color. So if my body is a gray color, so is the section face color. If my body is red, so is the section face color. You get the idea.

dual533
Enthusiast

I fully agree to you starizer. What you wrote really makes sense and it would be grate if the Fusion team would include your suggestion into a possible new release. I look forward for their action.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report