Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optical illusion on section analysis

Optical illusion on section analysis

If we use the 'Section analysis' then all components get different colors and different angled lines to show the cut area.

But these lines sometimes cause an optical illusion like shown in the following image:

OptIllusion.jpg

In the image above it seems on the left side the white gap (where the left arrow is) is smaller than the gap on the right side (where the right arrow is). But it is not - it is an optical illusion - this is not very useful in a CAD application ;-).

This is just a simple example. In some of my designs it looks much more obvious. This is really annoying if you think there went something wrong during design process but in fact it is just an optical illusion. In the past there was a kind of random pattern where those illusions don't occur.

Is it possible to switch back to the previous pattern instead of these angled lines?

4 Comments
michallach81
Advisor

I prefer lines. We can't rely on sight (tessellation), so in my case it's just matter of taste.

cekuhnen
Mentor

@thburn @michallach81 why do we even need lines? What about a color that is unique to cut sections?

i fully agree with the optical illusion issue plus I find the lines too distracting in addition.

pawelzwronek
Advocate
I've created already an Idea of checkbox in preferences to switch to previous section visual style but there was not too many kudos. I think lines pattern is less readable, especialy when moving viewport.
JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

hi thburn,

this is currently under development by our graphics team.  Can't say with certainty when it will release in Fusion, likely within the next few updates.

for development reference FUS-19130

hope this helps.

Jamie Gilchrist

Experience Design, Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report