Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offline capabilities

offline capabilities

those who don't have 24*7 high speed internet excess, sometimes it is tedious to work on.

me and my fellow students and friends request for below features.

1) bulk export- to export whole project to pc at a time.

2)access to open local files.- means if we export file and then opens it back in offline mode, it give error, Error: Opening of local files is not supported!   then what is the point in exporting then.

3)cloud is great, but it should work as good as when there is no internet, because in INDIA internet access is limited.

4)make fusion offline compatible, because when we don't have internet excess, we use solidworks for work and then continue to work till project ends. then we convert it and upload it to fusion and it increases our work.

6 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Everything you ask for has been asked for before, and the answer from Autodesk is pretty much Fusion is cloud based and if that doesn't work for you buy Inventor. They're not quite as blunt about it but that's the answer.

By the way you can open locally stored f3d files, from Fusion's file menu select New Design from file. You can open locally stored f3d, SAT, STP, IGS and SMT files.

Mark

That this keeps coming up should be a clear indication that it's a real need

The AD «It's cloud-based» answer is silly and utter BS. Pages is just as cloud-based, and it works perfectly well without an internet connection, but we get all the added benefits of cloud-backing when a connection is available. That's the right model. Make it work well, and then add lots of AWS magic for external storage and processing.

F360 is basically that - a cloud-backed local application. If it lived entirely in a browser window like OnShape used to, then they'd have a point, but it doesn't. It's just a regular application with cloud enhancements that they've actively gone out of their way to hamstring with Internet dependence for no good reason.

PTERRY
Enthusiast

I would suggest a sort of workstation mode where more of the software is run locally.

Where I work there is a fairly robust anti virus protocol running. We have a fast internet connection and Fusion still seems awfully slow to me so I assume that's a part of the problem.  At home I have fairly moderate speed and I also find it very slow.

I get 150-200MBPS down and 50 up and it's slow. Pretty sure it's on the back end and not you
jjensing
Contributor

Why not make a folder structure like OneDrive, DropBox or Google Drive and synchronize that all the time?

So you always have youre data in the cloud and local. Should save allot of bandwidth.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thanks for your idea submission! There are multiple ideas in here. 
1) This is in our data management backlog, but is still a ways out. We hope to start working on this later next year. 
2) You can open local files without uploading to the data panel by going to File > New Design from File. We agree the wording is confusing, and have captured that we need to rename this to something more obvious (like just "Open"). 
3) There is work around providing something more like Google Drive/Dropbox, where you can upload data via your desktop in a familiar folder structure and have it sync with your A360 account. 

for more insight on our cloud reasoning, check out this post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/saving-a-project-locally/m-p/6323217#M55518

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea