Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no DXF export in Fusion

no DXF export in Fusion

I am used to work with Inventor 2009 and recently switched to Autodesk Fusion.

I used to provide my suppliers with DXF files (made form drawings) which they can use directly to drive their machines. This worked perfectly.

Fusion on the other hand doesn't have the possibility of DXF output from a drawing. Yes, you can do this from a sketch but 3d models are often much more complicated than just a simple sketch. So this is no appropriate solution.

My suppliers cannot work with the DWG 2013 output that Fusion gives...

If you ask me Fusion should provide the possibility to output a drawing to DXF.

8 Comments
Eng-OS
Contributor

"If you ask me Fusion should provide the possibility to output a drawing to DXF."

ABSOLUTELY !!! Especially when you consider that Autodesk was the creatoir of the .dxf and .dwg file format used worldwide now...

please connect  AUTODESK      make it happen

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We're investigating this now. Will report back with more details as we scope this project. 

patburden
Advocate

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Add dxf output and input for for transferring older 2d drawings into a project 

patburden
Advocate

Here is an example of why we need a dxf export

I need to send a drawing that my customer can open in Solidworks.

I export as a dwg, Open in solid works and I get nothing but empty boxes where my part should be displayed.

So my only option is to send him a step model. (which he can send to someone else to have the part made) or make my drawing in Solidworks and send it to him so he can get only the info the needs.  This keeps them coming back to us to have their parts made.

Thanks Pat

patburden
Advocate

we are a job shop, we make or repair whatever comes in the door, I love Fusion 360 for cam and design, but the 2d drawing part has issues that prevent us from using it in our shop.

1st and foremost is the lack of a .dxf export (to send prints to our customers,they don't like pdf's) I can save my .dxf files my hub and open them in chrome, but once again you cant print.  2d print is a must in our shop, we make prints and give them to the boys out in the shop to make the part. Your pdf drawings all look fabulous but Our customers use everything from autocad to pro-e, solidworks, rhinocad etc etc and they want to be able to open a print in their software, .dxf does a great job at this.  so in our shop we have to make ALL our 2d drawings in another software in order to be able to please our customers, and get paid which is the ultimate goal. we also have machines in the shop that uses dxf to generate toolpaths, although we dont use that feature often

MTimmis_ADSK
Advocate

Agree with the DXF export, a customer notified me of this recently, as they need to save DXF for their wood router. This will be a similar issue for other users, exporting data to feed into machines, as DXF is a common format. The customer is aware they can export individual sketches from the model, but this would be time consuming for a more complex part. Therefore a direct DXF export form the drawing would make life easier!

patburden
Advocate
Yeah kinda sucks not having a good dxf output, i have been using "Cloud
Convert"
Online, works fairly well just be careful about the output scale (size)
sometimes i have to rescale my drawing to get back to 1:1
I have to do this for every drawing i make to get them back into the boss's
favorite antique software.
I sure wish fusion had a good export besides just pdf.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report