Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need option for Opacity Control on Linked Components.

Need option for Opacity Control on Linked Components.

When I set up a group of components into a mini-assembly, which I then export to the project folder and then re-import to the master assembly, it's now nicely linked and that's great, but when I design based off that I need to be able to reduce the opacity of that linked component.

Unless, I'm missing how to do this.

Thanks,

Alldaron

4 Comments
Careless_
Advocate

this feature needs to be added. currently i can't find a way to change the opacity of multiple objects in my assemblies other than turning them off completely.

leganzish
Advocate

I agree.  I have run into this so many times and thought it was a bug.  Only today did I put 2 and 2 together and realize that I couldn't change opacity because it was a linked part.  It should be an option just like with any other part. 

The same goes for changing the color of a linked part within a design.  That shouldn't change the appearance of the linked design itself, but just how that design appears within the design it is embedded into.  Current behavior makes it a pain to have a part that is used in multiple designs but is painted different colors.  That's the only difference.  We still want one master design, one part number in our systems, but when the built assembly is painted it all comes out one color.  Not allowing the appearance to be overwritten locally while leaving the global design alone makes the model look bad.  Every unique part is green, then this common component is red for no good reason.  

marco.tanner
Community Visitor

I agree with the comments already made, this option is highly desirable.

At least it would be good from Autodesk to provide a work around solution for this.

ot_dsgn
Contributor

No news on this? Is this very difficult to integrate? Would be such an upgrade!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report