Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multithread support for suppress and unsuppress function.

Multithread support for suppress and unsuppress function.

Hi everyone,

When we work in complex design such as 150 (or more) parts in one design and, for example, when we want to suppress about 75 parts. It takes time and Fusion 360 using only one thread while suppressing. I think Fusion 360 can use other cpu cores to suppress.

By the way,  I am a hobbiest programer (not a pro). I think it can be develop like this. Each parts which is the have to suppress or unsuppress can assign a cpu core.

For instance, we have 65 parts to suppress and 8 core cpu. Totall parts can be divide core quantity like 65 = x(mod 😎 and x = 1

CORE 0 : 8 Parts

CORE 1 : 8 Parts

CORE 2 : 8 Parts

CORE 3 : 8 Parts

CORE 4 : 8 Parts

CORE 5 : 8 Parts

CORE 6 : 8 Parts

CORE 7 : 9 Parts ( 8 + x )

Edit : ( Actually same multithread function can be use for hide/show function) 

Best Regards

4 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

If you plan the design you can get multi-threading see this post.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/yellow-warning-on-component-with-no-features-...

The problem is if any part references another you can only work through the timeline sequentially.

Mark

HughesTooling
Consultant
BreenLine
Explorer

Unfourtunatly "Fusion.ParallelComputing /on" didn't work and I apology that I made a mistake. I posted this problem as a modeling issue but actually it was a simulation problem. When I try to suppress and unsuppress components in simulation mode it takes time. In the other hand, when I do this in model it's quite fast.

HughesTooling
Consultant

Ok, might be worth making a thread in the design forum to get support's attention a bit quicker.

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report