Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move tool

Move tool

Until a recent update, I could combine multiple move types in one operation. So I could move a part to its approximate location using Free move, then zoom in and finish fine positioning with point-to-point (e. g. without having to first zoom to object 1, pick the first point, zoom out and pan to destination, zoom in there and pick the scond point...). 

In the new version, when I try to switch the move type during the operation, the object being moved returns to its original location. To do what I used to do before, I have to close the Move window and then open it again. Putting it very mildly, this is extremely annoying.

The original behaviour was much better in my opinion. If returning to original position is really something that is necessary (it certainly is not for me), I would say a local undo within the move dialog would make more sense.

5 Comments
edwinmodin
Participant

HI! 

I totaly agree with you, I used the moving tool the same as you and this is very annoying What i also noticed was that When using the point to point moving tool i remember to be able to select faces and lines to move parts, but not any more? I know you can do by using the align command but I was kind a used to using only the moving tool. 

d.joyner
Explorer
Are you guys having problems using the midpoint on objects and lines when using point to point as well? Also I agree being able to free move,rotate, and then point to point was so much nicer with the previous move command.
keqingsong
Community Manager

Can you post this in the main forum to see if this is a bug or not? Most of our developers are there and it's better for them to see what you're workflow was/is with the movement command enhancements. 

jakefowler
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Changing to Accepted - we'll be re-adding this capability soon.

For now, after the Free Move stage of the move, if you hold the right mouse button, drag up and release, it will directly Repeat the Move command, which will essentially apply the first step and allow you to switch types and perform the point-to-point move. This should make this workflow easier than manually re-invoking the Move command.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

I believe we have this fixed last year. Marking it as implemented. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report